Stuffed Mussels or Arikkadukka
- Soak rice overnight.
- Scrub and wash the mussels clean.
- Cut open each one half way down, remove the hairy substance and dirt.
- Wash again removing any dirt inside.
- Keep it upside down to drain.
- Grind rice, aniseed, coconut and salt.
- Stuff the mussels with the rice mixture and close. Tie it with a string.
- Steam it for 10- 15 minutes. Remove from fire and cool.
- Remove stuffing along with the mussel.
- Mix the chilly, turmeric and salt in little water to make it a paste.
- Dip each mussel in marinade and shallow fry till crisp.
- Transfer it into a plate with kitchen paper. Serve hot.